Saturday, June 15, 2013

Silvia's Box




I was absolutely thrilled to be asked to be a guest designer for The Stampsmith during the months of June, July and August. They have an amazing selection of stamps which I am really enjoying using. I chose to alter an mdf box to fit in with the current challenge which is Altered Bags, Boxes and Books. There is still plenty of time to enter the challenge, the winner of the random draw will be able to choose stamps to the value of $21 and free shipping.
I chose the beautiful Silvia from the Shakespeare heroines stamp plate Olivia and friends as the central image for my box. Silvia is one of the heroines from the comedy 'The Two Gentlemen of Verona' she was locked nightly in a tower by her father and I imagine this is her looking out of the window for her lover Valentine.


Here is my finished box, I hope you like it, more details are on my blog here.

It would be wonderful if you could share your artwork featuring Stampsmith stamps and join the challenge this month.

Take care & Happy Crafting

Paula xx







8 comments:

Deborah said...

A gorgeous alteration, Paula. You're a wizz with those Inktense pencils!

Hilda said...

This is fabulous work as always Paula, very much in your own unique signature style, perfect shading

Unknown said...

Just hopped over from your blog Paula, this is too beautiful not to come and take a look ;>) The image is beautiful and the palette you've chosen is fab. Great project, well designed. Simply exquisite! Chris xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Utterly lovely, Paula - what a beautiful piece of altered art... and the tinting on the image is just amazing!
Alison x

Paper Profusion said...

Very beautiful Paula - you are illustrating that stamp to perfection. Congratulations on your Guest Design Spot - I'm sure The Stampsmith will be rightly thrilled with your creation. Nicola x

Astrid Maclean said...

Your box is absolutely wonderful Paula annd I adore how you have used the wonderful stamps!!

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

This is so beautiful. I love your creation and congratulations on you GD spot so well deserved.
hugs
susan s

Julia S-W said...

A really beautifully coloured image on this stunning altered box.
Julia